Unbalanced laptop speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

merku919

Hi all, it's been a while.

Recently, I've been having problems with my sounds. My left and right speakers is unbalanced. My left speaker is a lot quieter than it was. I tried using an external speaker (my headphone if that counts) but i still get the same problem.

So, I was wondering if my speaker is at fault or is it my sound card?

BTW, my headphones are perfectly fine as it is barely used and I just bought it 2 weeks ago. I've also tried using it with my brother and sister's laptop and the left and right headphone produces the same volume.

I'm using HP Pavilion dv2500 Notebook PC.

Please help.

Thanks
Merku919

Try adjusting your balance control, all the way to the left, and all the way to the right to see how it reacts.
It might be a blown speaker, but this should help diagnose it.

I tried doing that and here's what I found. When I made it all the way to the left, the maximum volume my left speaker attained is only 30% of what the right speaker can attain. It's the same with the headphones.

When I tried balancing the volumes between the right and the left, the ratio was 100 left: 30 right.

Is it a blown speaker?

If you get the same results from the headphones/pc speakers, then it's not the speakers. Since you're using one connection for the headphones, and another for the speakers (internally) then it's not connection. You can try playing with the driver, but it might be the whole sound card. (which is part of the mobo).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back