TechSpot

Unbootable of Windows XP....

By Steve05
May 10, 2005
  1. "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. Unmountable_Boot_Volume. ***Stop: 0x000000ED (0x81f2b2b8, 0x(0000032, 0x00000000, 0x00000000). Plz tell me what is this about...

2. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

Did you recently upgrade to XP?
    Do you use a fast harddisk with still the old 40-wire flat cable instead of the newer 80-wire ones?

3. Steve05

Steve05 TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 51

Nope...i use xp from the beginning...
    i'm not sure for the 2nd question....how to check?

4. IronDuke

IronDuke TS Rookie Posts: 856

The wires are much finer, but this will be difficult to judge unless you have a 40 wire to compare. However the 80 wire jobs have a blue connector at the motherboard end and a grey and a black connector for the devices.

5. Steve05

okay..then i use a fast harddisk with still the old 40-wire flat cable ...and then..?

6. bushwhacker

bushwhacker TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 783

No, the old 40 wires is 2 times slower than 80 wires. grab those 80 wires IDE cable for around 10 dollars or less.

Lucan

7. Steve05

okay..i bought the 80 wires IDE cable....but what is this all about? Is this related with my problem?

8. RealBlackStuff

RealBlackStuff TS Rookie Posts: 6,503

The main cause for your PC's error is having the wrong or a faulty IDE-cable.

9. Steve05

hell yeah..you're damn rite buddy....thanks for your guide...this problem is solved..!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.