TechSpot

Uncontrollable Mouse

By fbt414
Apr 17, 2008
  1. Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone could help me with a problem that I am having with my Dell Latitude D610 Laptop. A couple of months ago, the pad that you use to control the mouse stopped working, so I attached a wireless mouse. The wireless mouse worked okay for a while, but now, the cursor seems to have a mind of its own and it just moves all around the screen, even when I am not moving it. It has gotten to the point that I can't do anything on the laptop because the mouse pointer doesn't move where I put it. It just goes crazy all over the screen. I have scanned the computer for viruses and found nothing. Does anyone know what else could be going on with my laptop?

2. lamo

lamo TS Rookie

disable multiply poiniting devices in bios. thus, you'll disable trackpoint.

3. fbt414

fbt414 TS Rookie Topic Starter

As you can probably tell, I'm not much of a computer person. Not sure how to go about disabling multiple pointing devices in bios. Please help!

4. snipebgp

snipebgp TS Rookie

Hit F2 on your keypad to enter the bios. Locate mouse/pointing section and set it for external.

5. fbt414

fbt414 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the info. I tried it and so far the mouse pointer seems to be working like normal now. Thanks again!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.