Underclock E7500

Hello, I want to know how to Underclock my CPU to gain an advantage in a game called Gunz.

General PC Properties:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU
E7500 @ 2.93GHz
2.93GHz, 2,00GB RAM

BIOS Settings

H ttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/534/img00145201107261913.jpg/
H ttp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/18/img00146201107261913.jpg/

AI Overclocking (Auto-Manual) In Manual 200-800 CPU Voltage
DRAM Frequency (667 Mhz lower one)
SB Over Voltage (1.5V - 1.6V)
NB Over Voltage (1.30 to 1.45)
CPU Vcore (0MV to 150MV)

Which options should I change and what value?

Change to manual settings? where? how?

Theres and option called Intel SpeedStep Tech that when enabled it uses the speed of the Operating System and when disabled default speed. (Windows XP if that was what you mean to ask by computer)

Also the CPU Ratio Setting says "Ratio between cpu core clock and the fbs frequency" I think this has something to do, what ratio should I put?

Just use the CPU multiplier setting in BIOS. You can't overclock a CPU with a locked multiplier, (which the E7500 has), but you can underclock by reducing the multiplier, and it won't necessitate the need for changing anything other than the multiplier setting.

That information should be in the mobo's instruction manual.

In case you're wondering, I have no intention whatsoever of RFTB for you.

The minimum the CPU Ratio accepts is 6.0, Ive tried it and there is a small change but I need to underclock it even more..

I cant change FSB speed, did u see the images? its locked. I already tried changing multiplier to 6.0x and lowering voltage but I just need to underclock it more it stills run almost the same.

I cant change FSB speed, did u see the images? its locked. I already tried changing multiplier to 6.0x and lowering voltage but I just need to underclock it more it stills run almost the same.
Gee, I guess you just figured that part of high clock speed is just ad hype.

The original C2D carried clocks as low as 1.66 Ghz, yet they out performed P-4s clocked at more than 2 X that speed.

So, the issue is how much work the CPU does during each clock cycle, and not as much the clock speed itself.

My own feeling is, I wouldn't trash a PC over one silly game. You objectives, motivations, and results may vary.

I doubt that dropping the voltage would alter clock speed that much. When overclocking, upping the Vcore & clock frequency create heat. A CPU doesn't generate as much heat running slower, even running at the stock voltage.

If you're that determined to cripple your PC, might I suggest the alternative of hitting a few flea markets for an old P-3 box.

In the two images you posted, both "CPU Ratio Setting" and "AI Overclocking" are set to auto. I don't know what these mean in your bios (as you have yet to answer what motherboard you have), but I'd assume that you need to change these first. I can't say that that will allow you to change the FSB though.

Back