UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP on brand new computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

I have a brand new HP laptop - two weeks old - and keep getting BSOD. Sometimes a days or two in between, sometime just hours.

I have run the diags supplied with the computer and they say that all is OK.

I would appreciate to get some help to try to get rid of this annoying problem.

Pls find config and dump data attached.

/Erik

Your issue is with the driver dne2000.sys and it belongs to the process Deterministic Network Enhancer belonging to the software Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client.

Many people have issues with this and since this is a new laptop contact HP immediately and tell them that your minidumps have been read, that the error is 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP and that the faulting driver is as listed above.

Most likely they will tell you to go to their website to update your system drivers. This has to do with your Netwrok Card (NIC).

Hi there,

The problem seems to be solved now. :)

Searching the net for 'Deterministic Network Enhancer' led me to www(dot)citrix(dot)com/lang/English/lp/lp_1680845(dot)asp where they describe how to solve DNE install problems.

Since I followed the outlined procedure and then reinstalled the Cisco VPN package, I have not experienced any BSOD - I hope it is gone for good.

Thank you for the assistance!

/Erik

Good! Glad it was resolved for you. This kind of information with resolve is valuable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back