TechSpot

Unexplained "Cheering" from Comp Speakers

By cowgirlup55
Mar 31, 2009
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Today my computer speakers have been making a "cheering" type sound (sounds like a crowd cheering at a ball park) every minute, even when there aren't any programs running. I can't figure out what this is or what's causing it. Please help. I ran HijackThis and have included the log.
  2. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

Hi cowgirlup55

Is everything plugged in properly (all the cables etc)? ... Are the speakers in close proximity to any other devices that could be causing an interference (Cell phone, UPS etc)?

Spyder_1386 :)
  3. cowgirlup55

cowgirlup55 TS Rookie Topic Starter

All the cables are plugged in. I definitely know it's not interference. I truly believe it's malware of some kind. The sound is actual cheering. This morning when I got to work, my windows defender had found a trojan downloader (?) on my sysatem and once it was removed, no more cheering!

I must say, that was one of the more optimistic or "friendlier" malware problems I've come across.
  4. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

5. k.jacko

k.jacko TS Rookie Posts: 743

well, you seem to have solved the issue now, but i was going to suggest a system warning.
    I had this once, my pc kept calling me an "A$$hole!" every couple of minutes.
    I completely forgot that when i built it i configured the temp warning sound to be the one above.
    Lol, took me a while to wonder why i was being verbally abused by my pc.

Still makes me chuckle to this day, lol. :D
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.