Uninstall automatically

Status
Not open for further replies.
K Im wanting to be able to uninstall a multiple number of programs automaticly for me without any input from me. So in this task I found one that does a kind of manual uninstall through scripts which comes in very handy. The main use of the program is for virus or malware removal, but will do great for my job at hand. What I want to know since there is not much info on uninstalling programs manualy for specific applications such as nortin av, etc. Is there a way to log where an application puts everything when being installed? such as registry, dll's etc.

BTW the program im trying is Brute Force Uninstaller if any one wanted to know.

I use revouninstaller (but this is for one at a time)
The un-installs exist here in registry: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths\]
But I don't think an automated tool would be perfect for all malware applications (but could be :rolleyes: a lot of work and info would be needed)

The reason for all the work is actually for configurations. For example when optomizing a hp laptop you wanna remove all the pre installed trash on there instead of reloading the os. So I wanted to make a automated uninstall tool to do it for me instead of going through each application one at a time. I would be able to pre configure 10 machines in a row without having to sit over them to press yes, continue, stop, etc.

Wouldn't we all be in great shape if we could do batch uninstalls- especially when it comes to malware. Got to tell you, this is a new one one me!

We all get junk when we get a new system. Remove what you can in Add/Remove and I used the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301

You're talking about the scale of a manufacturer "refurbishing" systems! Hum, maybe that's what you're doing? You could get an erase program and wipe the entire hard drive. So you either do the selecting, or wipe the entire drive!

Thanx for all the replies. So far Ive managed to get the batch uninstall to work well =) All I need now is to identify the programs I need to uninstall and set up the scripts. I will upload my results and give links for those daring ;) enough to try

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back