Uninstalled SoundMax, now no sound

1. I didn't know that all -even the technicians can mess and frustrate just using a knob -being not so conversant with computer I uninstalled the sound max from my desktop and since then I have never heard sound when I am playing cd or music downloaded into my PC!........CAN'T SOME ONE HELP ME MESS THE MESS AND FRUSTRATE IT?
  2. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,357   +167

What make/model is your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

List any Problem Devices
    • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
    • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
    • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
    • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
    • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
    Generate and attach a DirectX report
    • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
      ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
      ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
    • Notice progress in lower left window corner
    • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
    • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)
  3. Raph93

Raph93 Newcomer, in training

PLs help :)

I followed the first step and found Multimedia Audio Controller and says the drivers for this device are not installed ! what do i do next?
  4. LookinAround

LookinAround TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 8,357   +167

If you'd like help then follow the instructions in the prior post to list any Problem Devices and attach a DirectX report

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.