Uninstalled SoundMax, now no sound

I didn't know that all -even the technicians can mess and frustrate just using a knob -being not so conversant with computer I uninstalled the sound max from my desktop and since then I have never heard sound when I am playing cd or music downloaded into my PC!........CAN'T SOME ONE HELP ME MESS THE MESS AND FRUSTRATE IT?

What make/model is your computer? What version of Windows are you running?

List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot window, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

PLs help :)

I followed the first step and found Multimedia Audio Controller and says the drivers for this device are not installed ! what do i do next?

If you'd like help then follow the instructions in the prior post to list any Problem Devices and attach a DirectX report

Back