Uninstalling game

Status
Not open for further replies.

dylanmurphy

so befor i deployed to iraq the last time i bought counter strike source and installed it, now after returning and losing the disk somewhere in the move i cant uninstall the game from my computer... any suggestions?

Control Panel > Add Remove Programs?

Surely if you've lost the disc, why would you want to uninstall? You couldn't reinstall and play it again! :O

It is a Steam game, so to play the game, ou have to run the application called Steam. In your games tab, you should see CS:Source sitting there. Just right click it and press delete local content.

THat may delete it, but it won't uninstall it... there is a difference!
But they generally accomplish the same task, RUIN YOUR LIFE, you will wish you had played more CSS in iraq :haha:!!

THat may delete it, but it won't uninstall it... there is a difference!:slurp:

Steam games don't write any registry keys into your PC as far as I know. If you "delete local content" it is the same thing as just uninstalling it. Games which writes specific registry values into your system probably would not run if used by another OS in your HDD. But steam game are fine.

You should get to know steam before saying I'm wrong!

btw it should show up in the add/remove program list too though.

Or you can try to use Revo Uninstaller. Deletes ALL traces of a program you uninstall.

Just open steam, log into your account, then go int o Add/Remove programs and remove it then. Steam needs to be on and with the account logged in to confirm that the owner is the one removing the program.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back