Uninstalling video card from refurbished PC

Hi, everyone ... I regrettably bought the ugliest refurbished PC in the world with a really weak graphics card because it was cheap. I was given a new graphics card that is slightly better and I wish to install it as soon as I learn how to do it properly ..

My PC was advertised as having nVidia GeForce 9300 graphics card. So I went to 'Device Manager > Display adapters' so that I could uninstall my current one .. but it has TWO ADAPTERS: NVIDIA GeForce 9200 and NVIDIA GeForce 9300 GE. I'm not quite sure what to do so I thought I'd turn to you guys .. Should I uninstall both???

Yes you can uninstall both, but then turn off the computer and install the "new" video card. The operating system should see it when you restart the computer. Go to new video cards support website and download and install the latest driver for the card and your operating system

Just something you should think about... Does your computer have a large enough power supply for the better graphics card? You can look on nvidia's or amd's website for the recommended minimum power for you card.

Back