Uninstalling Windows 7

bganson

have a cd with iso file from tech spot (gparted ) which is supposed to be able to delete partitions...but can't seem to used it. tried booting with it as tech spot suggested but laptop just booted windows 7 anyway.

in order to get the system to boot from the CD, the CD-ROM drive must be set as the first boot device in the BIOS (or before the hard drive with Windows 7 installed). as soon as your computer powers up, hit the key to enter the BIOS. this key will vary with the motherboard, but it's typically DEL key or one of the "F" keys. once you are in the BIOS settings, you will need to locate the boot order and edit the list of devices. save the settings and exit. the computer will restart and should prompt you to boot from the CD.

iso cd will not boot

i did all that. selected the cdrom to boot from. the iso file doesn.t want to boot. may be the problem is the cd is not bootable because the file is just there as an ISO file.

that is possible, especially if it's a bootleg ;)

if other disks will boot then you're probably right, the CD-ROM is not bootable

may be the problem is the cd is not bootable because the file is just there as an ISO file.

I would say that is the problem. The image (iso) needs to be burned to the disc in order for it to work. You can't just create a data disc and throw the image on the disc as it is and expect it to work unfortunately.

That's no problem. You need to use the burn a disc image option using your disc burning software.

Do you have software already?

what now?

created gparted disc...booted from it. answered 33 for english...0 for something else and one other question...
...and got a blank screen.?!*?

windows 7 ??!!**>?

does anyone reading this like windows 7...that's the operating system where you have trouble getting permission to operate your own computer. I think microsoft ought to pick up part of the coast of the pc because they "own" it with their new operating system. what do you think?

With all due respect, why are you trying to use gparted? When you install windows you will have the option to create and/or delete any existing partitions.

why r u

because everytime i try to run windows xp pro there is a crash after the files load. the message is ...am shutting down to prevent damage... etc.

does anyone reading this like windows 7...that's the operating system where you have trouble getting permission to operate your own computer. I think microsoft ought to pick up part of the coast of the pc because they "own" it with their new operating system. what do you think?

With respect, I think your totally missing the whole point of permissions elevation. You might see it as a hinderance, but its there to prevent system changes without the user first giving permission to do so.

It can be disabled from the usergroup menu if you don't like it.

You should also be using the Windows partition utility as well. Your only going to be using it whether you do the work with Gparted anyway so it seems pointless bothering.

If your getting failures your disc probably needs cleaning, and or is knackered.

Back