Unknown computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am completely lost as to what may be causing this but alas it has happened again. My original pc was built with the following: ASUS P4800 Deluxe motherboard, 1 gig ram, ati vid card and 1.8 p4. So I upgrade the CPU to a 3.0 and it all goes down hill from there. Everything runs smooth until one day I come home from work, turn on my pc, and bam...black screen. On top of that, the mouse and keyboard dont work. The pc comes on, all the fans work but the monitor, mouse and keyboard don't.

Two days ago I replaced the ASUS with a Gigabyte board...everything runs fine...and bam, it happens again. Same sh*t, different day. I have noooo idea what is going on with this and would appreciate ANY help. Thanks.

PS. I'm running Windows XP Home Edition

you probably added a cpu that the older motherboard didn't support. check your current mobo's mfg to ensure the cpu you installed is supported by your board. you'll have to reinstall windows if you change motherboards, btw.

I have seen this same thing with memory, however it was a right away type of thing. Still might be something to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back