TechSpot

unknown files on all 'shared' folders

By uapak
Jul 12, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hey guys.. i dotn konw whats going on..every folder that has the word 'shared' on it has the same 261 .exe files. I would like to know how to get rid of this. its crazy because these files are in EVERY folder that has the word shared on it. i have no clu how it got there. please help me out!
  2. Superczar

Superczar TS Rookie

seems kinda obvious it's a virus that propagated on the network....
    Step 1- Run a full virus scan and clean up the infection
    2- Do yourself a favor and remove write-rights from all your shared folders...Mark them as read only in your sharing permissions
  3. uapak

uapak TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 33

yah i do a whole virus scan.. but the thing keeps coming bak. il do da second thing nd see if it works...yoo but there r like a milllion folders these files are in... nd i was jus runnign adware nd they were in mostly all the program files folder, anything that says download and installation. doing the second step is jus gona b a pain to find all the folders where da virus got to.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.