Unknown hardware problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
I recently started to have some problems with my system. It loses video signal in Windows 7 x64 genuine, Windows XP SP3 and even in BIOS (happened once). Anyway... after I reset the system it works fine for some time. After the video signal is lost I can see activity on hdd led and network adapter. It even finished writing a DVD in this "no video signal" state. I want to quote that this happens kinda' random .. in 3D games, on desktop while in idle state. I realized that sound gets stuck too.

My system is based on an Intel DX48BT2 mobo, 2GB DDR3@1066MHz, nVidia Geforce 9800GTX+, a q9450 Intel CPU and 600W Corsair power supply. I keep all components at stock speeds (no OC).
After restart, Win 7 gives me this analysis message:

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA8001E38010
BCP2: FFFFF880049B8220
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC00000B5
BCP4: 000000000000000A
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102809-22323-01.dmp
C:\Users\marcelcore\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43274-0.sysdata.xml

If anyone can tell me what this error means maybe it will help me choose the right component so I can send it back for warranty, if it's a hardware issue.
I also attached a zip with a dump file generated after reboot.

Thanks in advance !

What do you see in the device manager, any yellow exclamation points? It looks like a driver fault

Everything looks ok in device manager. The only drivers I installed were the official DX48BT2 mobo from intel website, the LAN driver from Intel and the latest nvidia driver.
I have a presumption dough.. this all crap started a few weeks ago when I installed a Hauppage Tv-Tuner. After a few days, the video card started to lose video signal. After a few days I unplugged that internal tuner thinking that that card might be the problem but the computer worked fine for only two days.
I don't know if this info has some substance but I thought it might come useful.

Have you run Windows Updates yet? Do you see a little wihite flag on the bottom right corner of the Windows 7 task bar? Are there any PC issues listed?

TMagic650, you are correct in that it is a driver issue.

For what it is worth this is from Microsoft:

0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

I have only one issue at the flag and it's about windows updates. I didn't perform any updates yet. I don't think it's windows/windows update related because I have tried three different versions of Win 7: Build 7100 from microsoft.com (evaluation copy until march 2010 or somethin' - I bet you are aware of that package), a Win 7 Ultimate N Edition and Win 7 Ultimate (7600). All versions were x64 editions. And of course Win XP SP3 had the same problem. The official one had all updates installed .. 'cause i had the possibility.. the other two not.

Something happened a few minutes ago.. I set the video card cooler at 100% from Asus Smartdoctor. After a few minutes i lost video signal and the cooler returned to it's normal speed (it was still spining - i double checked) exactly in the same moment the monitor went black. Again .. maybe it's a useless info but I hope it might give you a clue or something.

Apply all those windows updates. they may contain a Windows 7 driver for you Nividia card... Another thought, because XP had the error too, the video card may be bad. Try another video card for test purposes

Ok ! I'll do that. I'll comeback soon after I'll hit at least one day of testing.

Thanks a lot for your help for now.

Best regards !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back