Unknown program trying to install itself

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post

Hi this is what i got LA:

Nokia 5130c-2 ROOT\WPD\0000 This device is disabled.
PCI Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA38&SUBSYS_AA381682&REV_00\4&13D46659&0&0120 The drivers for this device are not installed.

What OS and SP level are you running?

Are you having any problems with any specific hardware devices?

My first guess is that might be a sound related device. Are you using onboard sound? as i also see you have an addon logitech sound device listed on your system profile?

/* edit */
And are you running a 32 or 64 bit version of windows?

PCI Device PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_AA38&SUBSYS_AA381682&REV_00\4&13D46659&0&0120 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Yep. I was right. It's confirmed. That's the High Definition Audio Controller on your motherboard. Tho it should be using a Windows generic driver. Are you running XP i'll guess. And what SP level? Have you recently uninstalled any patches from Windows or your motherboard vendor?

hi

I'm using Window XP pro sp 2 with 32bit

I have a USP headset that has a build in sound card i think and my mobo also came with an onboard sound card.

Several things to consider

1) On the one hand, you can probably disable your onboard sound in your BIOS if you want to. Have you ever tried using your onboard sound?

2) The driver you're missing has to be added to XP SP2. However it's included if you were to upgrade to XP SP3.
> Did you know MS is dropping support for XP SP2 very soon?
> As you might want to upgrade to SP3 for many reasons in addition to your onboard sound problem

In any case, we can also load the missing driver for SP2 if you want, just let me know what you're thinking to do...

yes please

upload the sp2 missing driver quick fix would help sire : )

side note: should i go ahead and let the driver install as shown on the above? its safe to do so ?

thanks

Two things

1. See this MS KB and download the patch should install the driver

2. Also makes me wonder if you're missing other hardware updates.... Run Windows Update. Click Custom. If any hardware optional updates appear, install all hardware optional updates. Reboot when told to. And be sure to keep re-running Windows Update till it finally says no more hardware optional updates

Oh. Once you install the patch you should be able to reboot and I would expect the new driver to install by itself (i.e. you shouldn't see that Hardware Install Wizard)

let me know if still a problem...

Did you know MS is dropping support for XP SP2 very soon?
I didn't know that! That's real bad news. Then we should be prepared for the next- xp3.
o.gif

thx LA, it work!

update my files and i follow the link and that pop up doesn't show up any more now : )

/kiss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back