Unleash the power of Siri using this simple hack

By Shawn Knight
Apr 17, 2014
Post New Reply
  1. Siri, Apple's personal assistant built into iOS, can perform a number of tasks by simply using voice commands. It's a pretty capable service but there are many other commands that Siri simply can't perform due to its locked down nature.

Read more
  2. wastedkill

wastedkill TechSpot Maniac Posts: 1,043   +218

Apple buy googolplex... or does google already own it..? xD
  3. VitalyT

VitalyT TechSpot Guru Posts: 1,571   +480

I've owned many of the latest iPhones and iPads, but never used SiRi, it is a useless gimmick in my opinion.

My dog understands me better.
  4. ikesmasher

ikesmasher TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 1,858   +343

Siri actually works OK for me most of the time I use it...which isnt very often.
  5. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,806   +702

So I can assume your middle name isn't 'Fussy' :)
    JC713 likes this.
  6. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,697   +873

Siri is a gimmick but someday this technology will be mainstream and will be pretty flawless and useful.
  7. Skidmarksdeluxe

Maybe, but I'll never get used to giving my devices voice commands. There are instances where this can be useful but not for me thanks.
  8. Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke TechSpot Enthusiast Posts: 301   +81

I'm holding out until Siri can learn "no problemo", "chill out dickwad", "Hasta la vista, baby", "Talk to the hand" etc.
    JC713 and Skidmarksdeluxe like this.
  9. Skidmarksdeluxe

And a lot more that you can't mention on this family show. :)
  10. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,697   +873

Yeah not for me either. There are some really interesting things that you can ask Siri though, for instance, you can ask "what planes are flying above me right now". I find that request pretty cool.
  11. Nobina

Nobina TechSpot Booster Posts: 340   +66

To me Siri is a gimmick, no matter how improved It would still look awkward talking to your phone, especially in public. And then wait till people start talking more to their phones than the actual people.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.