Unlocking bios for ovcerlclocking....

Status
Not open for further replies.

k.jacko

.....on a Fujitsu Siemens Esprimo P desktop.

Anyone know how to do it?
I can get into the bios but old tried and test method of pressing ctrl+F1 on the first bios screen does nothing, so i cannot do any overclocking.

Any ideas anyone, please?

I would go to the internet. I have good luck there on these touchy questions. 'Touchy' meaning it's an obscure computer. (Although Fujitsu is a great brand). Put all the information and your question to the Google web search system. G' Luck

I doubt very much that the motherboard will allow over clocking.
Fujitsu use their own MB in that computer, and it is not in their interest to have customers modifying the BIOS and risking warranty claims.

The control + F1 access is used by Gigabyte only I believe.

You may have some success with clockgen, or some other FSB raising software, but without access to voltage settings in the bios the possibilities will be limited.

Over clocking computers built to a price by a big manufacturer is never going to be especially rewarding. All the components used will be specified to work well at their standard configuration, and will not support any significant increase in performance.

yeah....i thought as much guys. I had pretty much exhausted a google search before i started this thread.
It not necessary to clock it, i just weanted to see if i could....and how far it could be pushed.

Never mind.
Back to OC'ing this X2 4600....stock is 2400, it doesn't like going much further than 2550 :(

Lol, in case you were wondering, i'm playing with hte pc's at work, seeing as i'm in charge of I.T. I'm just trying to get a little more out of the pc's that we have before i have to upgrade them. Some numpty before me built the damned things with fairly decent spec'd components but £15 qtec psu's !!!
The most common problem i have is the psu blowing and taking some of the components with it.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back