Unmountable Boot Volume BSOD/Non Working CD Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok here is my issue...
My Hubby's HP Pavilion zv5000 Just got the BSOD "Unmountable Boot Volume"
I read all over the place that all I need is the Windows CD to boot into Recovery Console. I have 3 copies of Windows XP Pro, One SP2, One SP3 & One that I made using the files of the SP3 one (It was made bootable) (btw His Version is WinXP Pro SP3)

When the Laptop starts, you can see the HP Logo, then it goes into the Start up options asking if I want to go into Safe Mode, Last Config... etc.. I have pressed all of them & goes back to BSOD. When I press Last Config..It will Start to Load Windows ( You can see the Windows Logo) But goes back to BSOD.

OK so, His CD/DVD Drive is DEAD! So we have an USB External CD/DVD Drive. I thought well ok, just plug it in & use the CD. It won't Boot.
This is a 2002/03 PC so going into Bios & changing it to USB boot is not an option.
I Changed the Boot order to CD Drive (Mind you it sees the Broken CD Drive) & No booting.

There is No way for me to get into anything to do anything.
What can I possibly do to fix this!?!?

The only other PC we have is My Laptop. I might be able to access a Desktop if needed.

Does he want to lose everything on the Hard Drive? Well, If it doesn't lead to that no. But if there is no other way. Then I guess he doesn't have a choice.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated! I spent hours today trying to find a fix for this. I'm pretty computer Savey, So lay it on me!!

Thanks In Advance!!!

The most effective way would be to get that broken CD drive replaced, if you can find a hardware store nearby you; you can try that avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back