Not open for further replies.

Mortalsyn

Here are my Specs->

PSU: Zalman 850W Dual Heatpipe
CPU: Q9550
Mobo: ASUS Striker II Extreme
Ram: 4gb(1333Mhz) DDR3
GFX Card: Nvidia GTX 280

I Get a BSOD within a few seconds of gameplay, iv tried turning settings all down, updating my windows, GFX Drivers and patching.
The BSOD error reads, "BAD_POOL_HEADER"
please Help, This is Driving me to insanity.

If your error is bad pool header here is your description of your BSODs:

0x00000019: BAD_POOL_HEADER
A pool header issue is a problem with Windows memory allocation. Device driver issues are probably the most common, but this can have diverse causes including bad sectors or other disk write issues, and problems with some routers.

Are your BSODs only occuring while playing this game? If so you may need to update your video card drivers.

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro (free version) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* I would also say it would be prudent to run a full harddrive diagnostics by using the free diagnostic utility you can get from your HD manufactuer from their website.

Did your drivers come updated with the card or did you update them after you purchased and installed your card?

Also, again, do you get BSODs at any other time?

Sometimes a clean uninstall reinstall is all it takes. Do the above steps I recommended and get back to us with the results.

I would also do the the harddrive diagnostics.

Ok thanks that worked, but now im getting a "System_Service_exception" Bsod after a While in to playing, im thinking Overheating GPU since it happens more regulary the more i play.

Check your system temps, not just the video card temps, and you are correct in that gaming puts a greater load on your card especially since ttoday's games are much more GPU intensive.

Also, attach your minidumps that occured after you updated your drivers.

How to find your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip. Please do us a favor and don’t Zip each one individually (unless you only have, possibly two and just attach as is).

ok ill do that when i get home, just got to work.
The reason i think it might be my GPU is that the rest of my system if fairly well cooled, my cpu and NB are liquid cooled. and my case temp isnt that hot either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back