Unwanted error: This folder is shared with other people

My computer acts weird in my musics folder.

-When I want to change the name of a folder the message comes up:
This folder is shared with other people
But I know I never shared the file.
In properties/sharaing tab/advansed sharing there is sharing permission for "everyone".
Is it a security issue? My updated security software also can not detect anything. I scanned all files but I did not find anything.

In security tab there are also two permissions for "WMPNetworkSvc" and "HomeUsers" and I dont know what they are. Are they safe?

I know this probably won't help much, but maybe you miss read that message. For back when I was using Windows, say I had a music album file open and was listening to it, and wanted to change the title of the file folder, it would stop me and tell me "this file is being used by other programs and can not be changed". Also if your able to access the file folders (properties) which it sounds like you have, why not select (unshare), unless your sharing that folder with other computers on say a (in home network). Or though the (share properties) get a little bit more tactical with the share, narrow it down to maybe just share it with you, a certain computer name and or not share it at all.

This again probably won't help much, but may point you some what in the right direction......good luck :)

XP/Home edition users will need to boot into SAFE MODE to access the Security tab,

but that's where the <everyone> permission is located :)

Back