TechSpot

Unwanted TV ads

By circusboy01
Jun 14, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. Every once in a while a TV ad plays, ( audio only) in the back ground, while I am playing videos Iv'e downloaded to Real Player. How do I make it stop?

I just played one of the videos 2 times in a row. I didn't hear any ads the second time. So it's nothing I downloaded with the videos.

Another edit. I keep thinking of new stuff. I'm only guessing that they are TV ads. I guess they could be coming from anywhere. Like one of those real powerful radios that will pull in stations from the other side of the U.S.

2. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,387   +240

Playing these on TV or your pc? I'm assuming your pc, but better safe than sorry.:)

3. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 878   +12

4. learninmypc

learninmypc TS Evangelist Posts: 5,387   +240

Are you sure about that you silly guy? :D

5. circusboy01

circusboy01 TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 878   +12

Come to think of it. I guess if your TV screen was also a monitor you probably could. The flat screen TV I watch now is 36", and it is a monitor. I'd love to hook my computer up to it. But it's not mine and if I screwed it up I'd have to pay for it, plus buy a new TV. Besides. We have DirectTV and I record a lot of stuff to watch later.
    Don't know if stuff would record while I was using my computer. But I'm a silly lad.
    This is not helping me with my problem. ;0)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.