Update video card drivers

By ZzrmaxEQ
Mar 26, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. I recently got minecraft on my computer and when I went to run it I got an error message saying I have bad video drivers. I don't know much about computers and youtube doesn't help.
    My video card drivers are: Intel(R) 82945G Express Chipset Family and my operating system is Window 98 professional. Please help.
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,804   +1,433

Your onboard graphics chipset (especially a chipset so dated) is not going to help you that much with computing projects.
  3. ZzrmaxEQ

ZzrmaxEQ Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

I need help with minecraft not computer projects.
  4. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,804   +1,433

Opps sorry!!

I confused your post with the Bitcoin Mining topics being discussed. For some reason I associate the two together.
  5. ZzrmaxEQ

ZzrmaxEQ Newcomer, in training Topic Starter

Its ok. I really do need help with minecraft though.
  6. Blkfx1

Blkfx1 TechSpot Addict Posts: 884   +171

Well, you just need to update the chipset drivers - If it's still supported. Also, I am not sure what the minimum requirements are for Minecraft, but Win95 and your dated Intel chipset may not be quite enough.
  7. JC713

JC713 TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 6,797   +882

+1, even for a non-demanding game like Minecraft, the computer you have is just not sufficient.

Edit: If you have $25, get a Raspberry Pi, it can play Minecraft.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.