Updated Drivers and Speakers quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I updated my drivers b/c Dell Support said it needed to be done. Once I was finished with that I restarted computer and noticed that my speakers werent working. Ive been trying to fix it all day but know barely anything about computers. But 95% of the time Im on this computer its to listen to music :(

I have a Dell Inspiron E1505

Tell me any information that you need me to find (and maybe the location) because I really wanna be able to listen to music

Why did Dell say you needed to update drivers? Did you call them? Were these updated drivers for Audio (sound) or some other function?

What is this Dells Service Tag number?

Roll back the driver

go to device manager and pick up the appropriate device. Right click to get properties and go to "Driver" tab. Try the Roll Back Driver option. Another option (which not always works) is to remove the device and let windows recoginze it automatically and install it. But this might not be a good option for your since you had to call support.

It was the DellSupport program that told me to do it.

I eventually figured it out with some Dell help thing that went through a bunch of steps to figure it out for me.

What had happened was one of the things that was installed changed the primary speakers to bluetooth audio and I had to go to the settings and changed it back to my laptop speakers (sigmatel).

Hope that helps a bit if anyone else experiences same thing.

Wish I knew how to put a more descriptive account of what I did :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back