TechSpot

Updated XP Pro now cant get to log in screen keeps rebooting.

By doggit
Aug 11, 2005
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have just downloaded the latest round of windows updates 6 in total on my Amd 64 bit 3200 machine but on installation of the 2nd update the machine rebooted and now I cant get to even the log on screen before the machine constantly reboots. I have tried in all safe mode options,last known working config and start windows normally to no avail. I tried to repair windows but it says it cannot go any further on set up. I have no floppy so am using cd to try and repair. I have thought of trying to install another windows install next to my old one to retrieve all my files (My kids pictures and other valuable stuff) but I cant seem to do this any help please.
    Many thanks in advance
    Desperate Doggit.
  2. SOcRatEs

SOcRatEs TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,382

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot

Have you tried this repair method?
    HERE
    other than that a re-install may be in order.... :(
    G'Luck
  3. doggit

doggit TS Rookie Topic Starter

I have tried every option I know of including recovery disc,etc I was wondering wether if I installed another SAtA drive would that help? As I do not have a partition big enough to install another copy of windows onto but in theory this would boost the amount of hard drive space I have in what array though I dont know?
    Many thanx doggit
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.