Updating ESCD Win 98

Status
Not open for further replies.

wee1man

OK im a egghead i have a award software win/98 computer i went into setup at bootup, and was looking around in there , and have clicked on load defaults an now when i start the pc it is a desktop, it says UPDATING ESCD _ and will not go past here anyway to reboot the pc ? i have no 98 cd or anything this old any help would be appreciated , prolly suit someone who knows the 98 os

It's not OS related, it's BIOS related.

The ESCD (extended system configuration data) is trying to enumerate, ie collect info, on all the devices in your system to save in the CMOS, the nonvolatile memory part of the BIOS. It's hanging up on a device. Your trick is to find out what device and why.

hey thanks for the help ive fixed the problem , I just picked up the computer and popped it in the trash :) But thanks ill remember that for the future , also not to be so nosey in things i dont understand :) thanks

lol. If there's something about my explanation you're confused about, don't hesitate to ask for clarification.... but yeah, an old pc like that makes for good target practice and that's about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back