Updating my display driver

Fredy420

hey well i corrently got my laptop and now when i try to play gta samp my display driver stops working at random time so i am wondering on how to update it
i have a alieanware m15x

Head over to ATi then, and fill in the driver box on the top right of the homepage. I'll then give you the drivers/software for your OS available for your laptop.

ok umm so i was filling out the forms and when i glanced at the supported cards my doesnt seem to be there it reaches up to 5800 and wich my is 5850 should i still download and install it?

It says 5800 series of which the 5830 is a part. BTW, there is no actual Radeon 5800.

Ummm?? oh i downloded but my computer is really laggy now im sure its not becuase of the file but idk wat happen

That shows a Radeon 5850 which is a part of the 5800 series of cards. I was only saying there is no actual card model called the 5800. The actual model numbers would be 5830, 5850 or 5870.

Did you uninstall the old graphics driver before installing the new one?

If the laptop is a duel graphics solution (has intel to save power then discrete ati for gaming, a bit like the M11x) then you have to go to Dell.com/support and put in your service tag and download that display driver.

I guess its a fairly new Laptop?

Well i would like to thank you all for your help but somting went terribly wrong so now i have to reformat my whole computer but once thanks!

Back