Updating old computer

Hello everyone. I am trying to update an old computer with an SIS 530 motherboard. The hard disk drive is no good, but I was able to find a replacement online, fairly cheap. However, the computer is set up to have a dial in connection. I was hoping to change this to ethernet compatibility, yet I am not able to find an answer of whether or not this is possible. I have been looking online for about 2 hours now trying to find a NIC card for ethernet connection ability, yet all I am finding is driver software, free for download. Thanks for any help.

DaVille

I highly suggest getting a new motherboard/ a cpu that will support that motherboard, as your socket 7 cpu is outdated, btw a decent new motherboard and cpu could cost about $120, and will open much more room for future upgrades,also i see you motherboard is an micro atx form, hopefully that doesn't mean you case is matx as well, but i found this card on amazon for your needs

IF YOU WANT TO SKIP MY SUGGESTIONS JUST GO TO THIS LINK:http://www.amazon.com/Netgear-FA311-100Mbps-Ethernet-Interface/dp/B00004Z6BJ

Thanks for the reply. Have decided that on my end, it's not worth the rebuild. I needed help, and you gave that. Thank you.

Daville

Back