Updating to a gaming computer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi I am new to the forum and I have been wondering for a while how can I update my Dell optiplex GX520 SFF to a gaming computer to make it a bit faster I have been looking all over the internet but can't find anything please help there are some pictures I uploaded below thanks.

Attachments

• SANY0431.jpg
    SANY0431.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 10
  • SANY0433.jpg
    SANY0433.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 6
  • SANY0432.jpg
    SANY0432.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 7
  • SANY0435.jpg
    SANY0435.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 6
SFF gaming is tricky since airflow is a very important consideration and due to the cramped interior of an SFF machine and the fact that most decent video cards run moderately hot, you may not be able to cool the machine adequately enough and something may overheat.

What games would you want to play? And how much can you spend? Can you buy online? Do you have an OS or will you be buying one? Will you want to reuse your current HDD (recommended BTW) or buy a new one?

A way to help with cooling that does not require buying anything would be to just keep the side cover of and if possible get a fan or something to blow on the pc. Or you could possibly get a bigger case and put all the inside of the current pc into it to allow more air flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back