Updating to Nvidia 295.73 driver

Teh Snowman

Hi everyone,

I am having problems updating to the 295.73 drivers with an error saying "NVIDIA Installation Failed", so I read that deselecting "NVIDIA Update 1.7.11" when installing might fix it. So I ran the install and selected everything except for that update, and it installed without an error. However, now the NVIDIA Control Panel doesn't start automatically.

Does anyone know if this NVIDIA update is important?
and could that be the reason why the CP isn't starting anymore?

Thanks!

PS: I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm updating from the 280.26 driver.

I am starting to wonder if my Control Panel is missing some options... I cannot find that option anywhere in it.

Ok so I re-downloaded the driver again, uninstalled all of the drivers through add/remove programs, and reinstalled the driver again. The same thing happened when I tried to install. It gives me an error when I select the NVIDIA update, and does not install all the way, but works when i deselect it.

I'm wondering if I have a conflict with my previous driver that is getting in the way. Is driver sweeper a safe program to use, should I try it? Or should I just leave it alone? I played skyrim for an hour straight without problems, but I'm not sure if that update is important or not.

Back