Updating video driver vs replacing video card

I have an e Machine T-series with Ati Radeon xpress 200 series. recently the borders and text in any window started becoming very "fuzzy looking", making it very difficult to read text.. I tried the system recovery with no change. Should I try to update the video drivers from a a download site or, replace the card on the board? plz help, I cant afford a new computer. thanks so much.

if this has degraded overtime and was not fixed with a restore of the system it's probably a hardware issue and won't be fixed by a driver update. Have you checked to be sure it's not the monitor? Do you have another video card you can try just to see if that fixes the issue?

I don't have another video card but I could buy one as long as I know what kind to get that is compatable with my comp. Im just looking for a slight upgrade without having to change out power supply, etc. Im not looking to play current games, I have games 2+ yrs old that I play that were compat. with this card. Just a few other specs; AMD Athlon 64 3500+. Hope this is helpful.

I forgot to answer your question about the monitor; yes I did try another monitor and it was doing the same thing.

I apologize for the double posting.

Back