upgrade ability of a E1705 inspiron laptop from dell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peking Duck

ok i wanted to get a laptop from dell in january specifically the E1705. now its most likely be configured with a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS, Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 (1.60GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB), a well as 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz. now my question is that when dx10 Gpu's for laptops come out do you think that i would be able to upgrade this laptop with out many issues such a compatibility the rig in general.

P.S sorry that sounding odd i cant think of any other way to say it because i don't know the motherboard they use when making them lol so I'm asking about it here.

A vast majority of laptops have the gpu on the mobo which makes upgrading impossible without replacing the mobo, and doing so can be very very expensive.

The GPU chip in laptops is soldered onto the mobo which makes it physically impossible to install another one. No laptop I know of can support a major hardware upgrade such as a CPU or a GPU replacement, although adding more memory is possible.

Fly_Guy said:
ok i wanted to get a laptop from dell in january specifically the E1705. now its most likely be configured with a 256MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GS, Intel Core 2 Duo T5200 (1.60GHz, 2MB L2 Cache, 533 MHz FSB), a well as 1GB Shared Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM at 533MHz. now my question is that when dx10 Gpu's for laptops come out do you think that i would be able to upgrade this laptop with out many issues such a compatibility the rig in general.

P.S sorry that sounding odd i cant think of any other way to say it because i don't know the motherboard they use when making them lol so I'm asking about it here.
for laptops you can upgrade the HD, the CD/DVD (sometimes), and add more RAM.

a FEW (really FEW) you can add new graphics cards. But that is extremely rare.

Even fewer are those that allow CPU changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back