Upgrade CPU for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,
I am looking at upgrading my cpu because I want to be able to play games a little better than I can now. Most games don't work at all on my pc. I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz. My graphics card is an Nvidia 8300 GS I do believe. I was thinking of just buying a Athlon II X4 630. I have seen that it runs the games I'd like to play well. Would this be a good idea or not? I have Windows 7 64-bit as well with 3.00 GB of ram. I have read about overclocking but Im not sure how that works. What would be my best bet at playing games better?

Hey, Well if you have an Intel processor installed to your Motherboard than you won't be able to install an AMD CPU because AMD uses different CPU sockets. Also games doesn't uses that much of CPU it mostly uses graphics card.

Hi guys,
I am looking at upgrading my cpu because I want to be able to play games a little better than I can now. Most games don't work at all on my pc. I have a Intel(R) Core(TM) 2 Duo CPU E4500 @ 2.20GHz 2.20GHz. My graphics card is an Nvidia 8300 GS I do believe. I was thinking of just buying a Athlon II X4 630. I have seen that it runs the games I'd like to play well. Would this be a good idea or not? I have Windows 7 64-bit as well with 3.00 GB of ram. I have read about overclocking but Im not sure how that works. What would be my best bet at playing games better?
First, last, and foremost your CPU isn't the problem, it's that crap video card, period.

And no, you can't put an AMD processor in an Intel board.

Given the age of the E4500, it may not be possible to upgrade your CPU to one of the current line of socket LGA775 CPUs anyway.

Bottom line, buy a better video card, and do consider upgrading the power supply at the same time.

ok thanks very much this is why I ask before I do anything. Can someone give me a good suggestion for a graphics card? I'm kinda tight on budget. Don't want to really pay more than $100. If not then I'll stick to 360.

ok thanks very much!! I probably will buy that soon. Are they hard to install or will it be easy? And does it work with Windows 7?

It says that it has a PCI-E x16 slot. The card should work as long as you have a 400W or above PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back