Upgrade now or wait... that is the question.

By compute1
Jan 6, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Hiiii

so im one of those people that didnt upgrade to windows 7 and now im basically asking if now is a good time to swap or should i wait for the next version to come out.

i dont know the expected release date of windows 8 wich is part of the problem will it be 2-3 months away or more like 10 months away

would i be ok to assume that when 8 comes out if i have 7 there will be the cheaper upgrade version

need some guidance here

ps: bf3 is sitting here unused :'(
  2. cliffordcooley

cliffordcooley TechSpot Paladin Posts: 5,759   +1,421

So far I'm not thrilled about what I am hearing on Windows 8. To be honest I am quite happy with Windows 7.

I wouldn't expect Windows 8 to release until the end of the year. There may be a Beta release in a few months but not a final release. I don't see any reason why there will not be a cheaper upgrade version available to those who have a Windows 7 license. I think I will recommend going ahead and purchasing Windows 7, if you honestly can not play BF3 until you upgrade your OS.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.