TechSpot

Upgrade PC to play Black Ops

By donjohn
Oct 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. My 6 year old Medion 8820 has died (I think motherboard from the beeps), so I would like to upgrade my PC to meet the high system requirements for Black Ops.
    Bear in mind that I am a 75 year old wargamer & silver surfer, who has only been inside my box to blow compressed air at the fans etc, & am utterly bamboozled at the technobabble you young wizz-kids use.
    I need to do something to resurrect my Medion or buy a new PC, but should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead. Any ideas?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,984   +168

"should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead"...

Xbox will be a better and cheaper option for you :)

3. donjohn

donjohn TS Rookie Topic Starter

PC v XBox for Black Ops

Thanks Tmagic650, I'd just about come to this conclusion myself, & you have reinforced my thoughts.
    I would still like to revive my beloved Medion, but I think I'll just get it repaired & not bother to upgrade. I'd have a go at doing it myself, but as there is some doubt as to whether it's the PSU or MoBo that has blown, I think I'll let the ""experts"" sort it out.
    They'll probably tell me both have gone & charge me accordingly. Such is life.
    Once again, thanks for your input.
    Cheers.
    Don

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 20,984   +168

Okay Don,
    good luck:)

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.