TechSpot

Upgrade PC to play Black Ops

By donjohn
Oct 18, 2011
Post New Reply
  1. My 6 year old Medion 8820 has died (I think motherboard from the beeps), so I would like to upgrade my PC to meet the high system requirements for Black Ops.
    Bear in mind that I am a 75 year old wargamer & silver surfer, who has only been inside my box to blow compressed air at the fans etc, & am utterly bamboozled at the technobabble you young wizz-kids use.
    I need to do something to resurrect my Medion or buy a new PC, but should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead. Any ideas?

2. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

"should I forget about Black Ops on a PC & just get an Xbox instead"...

Xbox will be a better and cheaper option for you :)

3. donjohn

donjohn TS Rookie Topic Starter

PC v XBox for Black Ops

Thanks Tmagic650, I'd just about come to this conclusion myself, & you have reinforced my thoughts.
    I would still like to revive my beloved Medion, but I think I'll just get it repaired & not bother to upgrade. I'd have a go at doing it myself, but as there is some doubt as to whether it's the PSU or MoBo that has blown, I think I'll let the ""experts"" sort it out.
    They'll probably tell me both have gone & charge me accordingly. Such is life.
    Once again, thanks for your input.
    Cheers.
    Don

4. Tmagic650

Tmagic650 TS Ambassador Posts: 17,213   +230

Okay Don,
    good luck:)