TechSpot

Upgrade Sony PCV-RS720G Power Supply

By com6
May 17, 2008
  1. The PCV-RS720G destop PC came with a proprietary 295W power Supply by Delta Electronics. Delta Electronics say they dont have a 400W power supply for my PCV-RS720G. Sony say the 295W Power Supply is the only one they have available for the PCV-RS720G. Some TechSpot Members have mentioned upgrading their PCV-RS720G to a 400W Power Supply. Anyone know where I can get a 400W power supply that fits in the Sony PCV-RS720G or one that can be made to fit?

2. raybay

raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +9

Measure the existing power supply in length, width, and height in millimeters, then buy another the same size of 400 watts.
    Delta is a pretty crummy power supply, so you should be able to get a better one by FSP group, Seasonic, Antec, or whatever.
    There is a good "stickie" on this forum that discusses all the good and bad power supplies. You might want to give that a read. It is not complete, but it is mostly a very good list of problems and what works.

3. pdyckman@comcas

pdyckman@comcas TS Rookie Posts: 527

Yeah, I took the time to look up this P.C. cause I didn't know much about Vaio. Zalman makes very good PSU'S. So do Antec, etc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.