Upgraded Acer One 722 BSODs

bcothren

Hi all, new to the forum and looking for some help....

I recently purchased an Acer One 722 netbook. I instantly replaced the stock HD with a Patriot Pyro 60g SSD and upgraded from 2 to 4G RAM. I've had it for a little over a month now, and up until now alls been well.

Since I don't have an optical drive, I haven't ran memtest yet, but I plan to do that on Monday when I can get my hands on an external drive.

The Patriot Pyro SSD I have came with firmware 3.3.2 (the latest and recommended version), but just to be sure I ran their upgrade tool.

It seems weird to me, but I'm wondering if these BSODs could be related to the USB mouse I've been using for the past couple of days. The BSODs have been coming in fast, and I can't help but notice that they seem to show up more when I'm using the external mouse.

As far as noticing something in particular that I'm doing when the BSODs happen, they've all mostly happened when I was browsing the internet.

Anyway, please let me know if you need any more info. Here are my minidumps - I think I read somewhere that I should upload the 5 latest minidumps, but since I had 7 I figured I'd just upload em all.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Minidumps.zip
    151.3 KB · Views: 1
5 of the minidumps are the same "CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION" and 2 are "KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR" with:
Ntoskrnl.exe and partmgr.sys

What OS are you running and how did you get it loaded on the Netbook in the first place?

Windows 7 Home Premium. The netbook came with this OS, but no recovery CDs or anything so I just simply found an install CD and used the key from the sticker on the netbook.

"The netbook came with this OS, but no recovery CDs or anything so I just simply found an install CD"...

Windows 7 install disc is a DVD... Are all the netbook drivers installed? Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

"but I'm wondering if these BSODs could be related to the USB mouse"...

Does the netbook run more stable without the USB mouse connected?

All drivers are installed and no problems are evident in the device manager.

It does seem to run more stable with the external mouse not in use.

Back