Upgrades possible?

detoam

I just got an Acer Aspire 5552.
It's a fairly basic thing. I have an Athlon II P-340 dual core chip, an ATI Mobility Radeon HD4200 and 4 GB of DDR3 RAM in it.
I know I can upgrade the hard drive, but I can't seem to find info on the Acer website if I can upgrade the CPU, RAM or graphics. Any ideas?
I am in no rush to do this, but since this will be my only machine I'd like to know that.

Thanks.

This is a laptop yeah?

I don't know if the CPU is soldered in place, or in a socket, but its unlikely you can replace it with anything significant in the future.

Your RAM is possibly at its maximum as well, but you'd need to check the technical specifications in the user manual or on Acers website to see if it can handle more RAM.

The GPU will most likely be part of the motherboard of the laptop, and therefore cannot be replaced.

In all honesty, about the only thing you can definitely replace is the hard disk.

I thought as much. Their website isn't very helpful and the info that I have been finding is very confusing. For example. I found one spec link where it says that this laptop should have a Phenom II instead of Athlon II. The other link shows everything the same as mine is except that the memory should only be 3GB, not 4.

Not going to complain though. a gift is a gift. This thing is okay and I can finally sell my desktop and see if I can build another.

Thanks for trying.
I had no luck either. It's all good anyway. this thing isn't bad at all. As long as I can play some games and do my work on it I am happy.

One thing I did find out is that the memory can be upgraded to 8Gig. Which is good since I am going to use Adobe CS5 on this thing

Back