Upgrading CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
the Intel E8400 is a socket 775 dual core processor, whether or not you can stuff it into a notebook I'm not really sure.

At 2.53 GHz I'm assuming that you have a Core 2 Duo T9400. If this is the case then yes, you can upgrade your processor. You just need to find another Socket P processor.

However, your processor is pretty much one of the fastest and most reasonably priced mobile processors out already. There are only 3 or so faster Intel socket P processors out right now. So it wouldn't be too great a speed boost or investment. Also remember that changing the processor yourself often will void your warranty, so check before. You can usually only change things such as hdd, ram, battery, and case cosmetics without voiding your warranty.

No problem, like I said before your processor is plenty fast for a laptop. If you feel that your laptop is not running at a upto par; I suggest you look towards buying more RAM first. If you are running under Vista and only have about 1-2 gigs of ram it will really slow you down.

Also be sure to buy quality ram - this often means do NOT buy the ram from the manufacture of your laptop. Try to buy ram from places such as Newegg. Not only is the ram there often times much cheaper, but also much faster and of higher quality. Many times ram from a quality manufacture also carries a lifetime warrenty.

If you are shopping for ram, this is the ram I would recommend
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231156

Best of luck! :grinthumb

Thank you, I guess i should start with ram.
Its just sort of laggy when i play certain spec demanding games...
I guess i shouldn't expect so much from a laptop... oh well...

Just as a warning, installing RAM yourself may void the warranty, depending on the manufacturer. Check with HP before going through with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back