Upgrading CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, looking at upgrading my cpu, liked the look of this one just for surfing the net and mild games "dubdubdub.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103234".

not sure if it is compatible with my chipset/mobo though. I have an ECS nettle2 mobo with an nvidia 6100v chipset? I know that the cpu on newegg is the right socket, but that's about it. little help? oh yeah, my current cpu is an AMD Sempron LE-11520+ @ 2000 MHz. Ta in advance guys

Do some google searches for suggestions on replacing CPU's... Due to stepping codes, and hardware parameters, and the motherboard, it is not as easy to get a new CPU working in a use motherboad as you might think.

Sometimes the motherboard maker will have information on their website about what CPU's will be acceptable upgrades or replacements.

One thing for sure, use a new, clean hard drive, or one you do not care about.

i prefer changing the mobo to an intel cpus ,intel is better

That completely depends on the price bracket you are looking at. At the high end, yes, intel is on top, but AMD doesn't even try to compete with the Corei7's. For lower prices though, at the moment AMD has the upper hand in performance vs. cost.

I think AMD holds performance in their price range, aside from the highest end core2quads when overclocked, of course, they don't have an i7 price range :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back