Upgrading Home Net-Devices, advice needed

So as the title says I'm upgrading my home networking devices because I severely need too, am using 4+yr old devices and I can't seem to squeeze anymore out of them at this point.

I currently am using;
Modem + Router
Motorola SBG6580
(Modem)
Nighthawk x6 R8000 (Router)

My desired Networking capabilities are as follows;
5-20 devices around the clock streaming HD/4K quality videos (All via Wi-Fi_Seperated between 2-3 bands)
2-5 PC's/Consoles doing Online Gaming at same time (2 Ethernet Gbps/Mbps Ports minimum)
Estimated 7,000-9,000ft sq. Of overall coverage needed

When entire family comes over and there are 20+ people all doing their own things on their own devices I wouldn't even see a reduction in speed/quality, that is until this most recent holiday season.
Couple weeks back I upgraded to the next tier available of internet speed available to me and saw literally no improvement whatsoever which is actually the first time I've ever encountered this.

My Home-Office has my Modem & Router ran to it.
My House picks up internet from my Home-Office
(They are separated by about 90ft- if going straight from router to back door of House)
So obviously there are a lot of things that cause interference since it's 2 separate foundations, walls/radios/neighbors with wifi nearby/telephone polls/etc.

Maintaining a fast stable connection in House has become a constant headache. Videos take forever to load, connection randomly drops + all those other fun things that go w/ slow connection.
Moving the Modem/Router from Home-Office to House is not a option - I need the strongest connection possible along with ability to hard wire myself into router when needed for gaming (& work)

Modem Budget >150$
Router Budget >200$
Total Budget: $200.00-$400.00

I would greatly appreciate some advice, recommendations, or any type of input really.

I appreciate whoever takes the time to read and I want to say Thank you in advance to those who post.
Thank you for the help

In reality you don't really need a new router and modem. Turn off the Wifi off your modem because it's probably the weakest link and try to invest in a couple of Unifi UAC AP Lite. They go for around 80 Euros second hand and will do you wonders in terms of wireless performance in your house.

If you want to upgrade one of those devices still I'd pick upgrading your modem over your Router as that still will do the task. Better yet you can setup bridged mode on your modem and do the routing on the Nighthawk and you've already solved that issue.

If u have cabling and require direct cabled access to the internet just buy a switch and connect it to one of the routers network ports.

Another solution would be to opt for a Powerline adapter to connect faraway access points if you require to connect a far away access point.

The only other thing I could add to this is if powerline adapters don't work for some reason a PTP wireless bridge would connect the two buildings similar to a wire speeds. Something like this would work however it would significantly add to the cost as you would need a pair of them.

First I would find out which generation the DSL./Cable router is , if it's not the latest model for your area, smash it and make them give you a brand new box.

If they try to make you take an oldie say it stinks of cigarette smoke! If you get an newer/upgraded router, hookup the Nighthawk and go from there. Netgear Powerline has worked well for me, too.

In reality you don't really need a new router and modem. Turn off the Wifi off your modem because it's probably the weakest link...

That's exactly why they should upgrade it. The cableco/phone companies don't upgrade modems regularly in the US, they're integrated units too. The one the OP has could be 15-20 years old, it's the first thing he should get replaced for a larger, elaborate installation. Many companies charge a small rental for them, some don't charge at all, it's an easy decision people often don't think of at first.

That's exactly why they should upgrade it. The cableco/phone companies don't upgrade modems regularly in the US, they're integrated units too. The one the OP has could be 15-20 years old, it's the first thing he should get replaced for a larger, elaborate installation. Many companies charge a small rental for them, some don't charge at all, it's an easy decision people often don't think of at first.
The process of renting a modem in 2020 should be a no-go what the hell are isps in america doing.

Back