TechSpot

Upgrading my custom build pc

By johnny_041073
Mar 1, 2007
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. :D Hello, I am new to techspot and I just founded by accident. I do have a custom build computer that has an asus motherboard and an Amd athlon processor, 2700+ or 1.30GHZ. I would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard but I don't know what would be the next level in order to upgrade them. Of course, I want to keep on using asus computer parts. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how I should upgrade my custom build pc? I would sincerely appreciate it.
    Thanx
    Johnny
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 25,948   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in the appropriate forum.

Please don`t post questions in threads that are nothing to do with the subject you want to discuss. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. F1N3ST

F1N3ST TS Rookie Posts: 1,088

Well you may need to upgrade your PSU, if you have a low-medium budget get an athlon 64, if you have a high-medium budget get a Core 2 Duo.
  4. duma

duma TS Rookie

If you have to upgrade the mobo then you are pretty much SOL and need to build another pc. since you only have a 1.3 cpu you probably wont have a modern socket for it either
  5. Spyder_1386

Spyder_1386 TS Rookie Posts: 563

hey johnny

As the previous post said, if u want to purchase a new motherboard, u'll basically be buying a new pc....

As for your processor, you'll have to either upgrade to a AMD Dual Core 64 bit or if u have the money, a Quad Core. Whatever u decide to buy though, just make sure u'r new motherboard is compatable and also that u have enough ram and a strong enough power supply.

wish u well

Spyder_1386 :)
  6. Cinders

Cinders TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,313   +12

Depends upon how much you want to spend. I can easily see a complete new computer in the mix as none of your devices will work on a new computer other than your PCI sound or video card and optical drives.
  7. Spleenharvester

Spleenharvester TS Enthusiast Posts: 146

Has anyone noticed how old this thread is?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.