Upgrading my custom build pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
:D Hello, I am new to techspot and I just founded by accident. I do have a custom build computer that has an asus motherboard and an Amd athlon processor, 2700+ or 1.30GHZ. I would like to upgrade my cpu and motherboard but I don't know what would be the next level in order to upgrade them. Of course, I want to keep on using asus computer parts. Can anyone give me a suggestion as to how I should upgrade my custom build pc? I would sincerely appreciate it.
Thanx
Johnny

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

I have moved your post to it`s own thread in the appropriate forum.

Please don`t post questions in threads that are nothing to do with the subject you want to discuss. Thanks.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Well you may need to upgrade your PSU, if you have a low-medium budget get an athlon 64, if you have a high-medium budget get a Core 2 Duo.

If you have to upgrade the mobo then you are pretty much SOL and need to build another pc. since you only have a 1.3 cpu you probably wont have a modern socket for it either

hey johnny

As the previous post said, if u want to purchase a new motherboard, u'll basically be buying a new pc....

As for your processor, you'll have to either upgrade to a AMD Dual Core 64 bit or if u have the money, a Quad Core. Whatever u decide to buy though, just make sure u'r new motherboard is compatable and also that u have enough ram and a strong enough power supply.

wish u well

Spyder_1386 :)

Depends upon how much you want to spend. I can easily see a complete new computer in the mix as none of your devices will work on a new computer other than your PCI sound or video card and optical drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back