Upgrading my graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Compaq AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor with a Nvidia GeForce 6150 graphics card,250watt power supply,PCIe empty slot,and 2gb DDR2 RAM.What is the best graphics card for my computer?

For a better graphics card, you will need to replace your powersupply also. What is your budget for this upgrade?

Hi LFoste2.
welcome to Techspot. well your going to need a new PSU, and here is why.The 6150 graphics card you refer to is actually integrated graphics, and even a low end card that does not require any additional power connectors, and gets all it needed power from the PCIE slot,(i believe this one draws a meager 45w if memory serves) like this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814103055
requires a 300w power supply. what exactly do you expect from a new graphics card, or what do you want to be able to do? and as Techno asked, whats your budget for this upgrade?

Looking to spend about 2 to 3 hundred dollars,and I'm looking to upgrade for better graphics with online games like LOTRO

Looking to spend about 2 to 3 hundred dollars,and I'm looking to upgrade for better graphics with online games like LOTRO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back