Upgrading PC graphics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Computer Manufacturer: Emachine
Model Number: T2892
Year of Making: 2002
Card Type: AGP (I think its AGP because the video card slot is brown.)

Well, I have a Nvidia GeForce 4 MX series and I need to upgrade it to something better, I have 2gb of DDR2 RAM that I just Installed and I want to upgrade my video card, I was wondering what video card would go in perfect and run fine with my computer.

Hi

What will you be using the computer for...??
And some more details on your emachine will help.. i can see from a search the CPU is Athlon XP, but cant see which exactly...

cheers

hey jake well you may have a problem AGP is being faded out but as far a know when i last check ATI was leading in the AGP area and they pretty good i run a 9950 256MB 128bit with 2 gb of ram and its smooth on all so try for one above mine which shouldnt be to hard since its 2 years old just give you idea of wat it can play.. i can runn all the half-life 2 games and call of duty 4 good luck

boykov said:
Hi

What will you be using the computer for...??
And some more details on your emachine will help.. i can see from a search the CPU is Athlon XP, but cant see which exactly...

cheers
AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3D Now, ~2.1GHZ
And I will be using the computer for Gaming, programming and other things.

Your eMachines PC most likely has an inadequate PSU, so you'll need to upgrade that and your video card together, since almost all modern video cards are power-hungry. State a budget and your exact location and we'll be able to give you some recommendations.

Rage_3K_Moiz said:
Your eMachines PC most likely has an inadequate PSU, so you'll need to upgrade that and your video card together, since almost all modern video cards are power-hungry. State a budget and your exact location and we'll be able to give you some recommendations.
My exact location Southern United States, and I shop from all my parts from newegg.com

my budget.. is about $500 (im only 14) also I want a PSU thats strong enough for a better processor in the future..

For $500, you could upgrade everything. I'd recommend the following parts for an upgrade:
Grand Total = $450.13, not including the shipping on the motherboard+CPU combo and the rebates.
It will be a major upgrade from your current PC. You can use the old PC for something else or take it apart and use ur HDD and DVD drives from it in the new one. Also, what RAM have you installed in your old PC? You can try to use it in the new one if it works, otherwise, your budget'll allow for the new kit I've recommended.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. :)

Hi
Rage_3k_Moiz has made a good selection..

I took a different approach ...

ASUS EAH3870 /G/HTDI/512M/A Radeon HD 3870 512MB 256-bit GDDR4 $ 144,99 (after mail-in rebate $ 124,99)

GIGABYTE GA-MA78G-DS3H AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI $69,99 this motherboard has an onboard graphics , which whith the Graphics HD 3870 in hybrid crossfire will give you an extra graphics boost...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ Brisbane Black Ed. + OCZ Platinum Revision 2 2048MB PC6400 DDR2 800MHz Dual Channel $ 109,99 (after rebate $ 79,99)

Antec earthwatts EA500 500W ATX12V v2.0 $ 49,99

COOLER MASTER Centurion 532 RC-532-SKN1 Black Aluminum bezel $ 49,99

The Total comes to $ 424,95 ... this total is before Shipping and Rebate (after the rebate 374,95)...
It will be a major upgrade from your current PC. You can use the old PC for something else or take it apart and use ur HDD and DVD drives from it in the new one.

good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back