Upgrading processor for my Dell XPS 410 computer

I have a Dell XPS 410 Computer. My computer is a Intel Core 2 CPU 4300 1.80 GHZ, 1.79 GHZ 1 GB of ram computer. Is it worth it to upgrade. I would like to upgrade to a at least 2.5 or 3.0 if possible. I not into buying a new computer right now, as I want to save my money to get a new laptop computer instead.

What would be the best option out there. Any help would be great.

If you can find a Q6600 or Q6700, those are the only two quad core processors that will work in your PC. All other quad core processors are 1333 MHz and requires a motherboard that supports the frequency.
Just remember the motherboard you have does not support processors with a 1333 MHz FSB. Make sure if you buy a CPU upgrade, it has either a 800 MHz or 1066 MHz FSB.

Thank for the reply. I will look at the 2 links you posted, should be some good info. the reason I want to upgrade is I like to play games like MLB 2k12 and NBA 2k12 and 2k13. But those hardly run on this currect system. but I will check you 2 links out.

Good luck with the upgrade! :)

I've got a Dell XPS 400 (Dimension 9100) in the corner. Seems the Pentium D 820 has good performance compared to other compatible CPU's. I wasn't willing to spend over $50 for an upgrade.

Back