Upgrading SYX PC with onboard Intel HD graphics

Kokunai

I am looking to upgrade this computer I got from onboard intelHD graphics to a card. I am confused as to which type of card I should get I am looking for 1GB DX11 HDMI. Other than those I have no other specific requirements but I am unsure what card will work with this system. I just don't want to get something that won't work. The model and all that is
SYX Ascent MPC-30 Intel Core i7 Multimedia PC, in case the specs are not adequate for a determination. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Here are my specs:

Operating Systems: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
Colors: Black
Platform: PC
Orientations Allowed: Vertical
Form Factor: micro-ATX
Bays: 2 - 5.25" Drive Bays
Internal Bays: 4 - 3.5" Drive Bays
PCI Slots (Total): 1
PCI Slots (Available): 1
PCI Express X1 Slots (Total): 2
PCI Express X1 Slots (Available): 2
PCI Express X16 Slots (Total): 1
PCI Express X16 Slots (Available): 1
Memory Type: DDR3
Total Memory Size: 8GB
Memory Slots (Total): 2
Memory Slots (Available): 0
Memory Configuration: 4GB + 4GB
Maximum Memory Supported: 8GB
PS/2 Connectors: 1 - Keyboard/Mouse Combo
LAN Ports: 1
USB Ports (Total): 6 (2 Front)
Processor Brand: Intel
Processor Class: Second Generation Core i7
Processor Number: 2600
Processor Speed: 3.40GHz
Processor Interface: Socket 1155
Hard Drives Included: 1
Interface: SATA II (3.0GB/s)
Capacity: 1TB
Hard Drive Types: Hard Disk Drive
Speed: 7,200RPM
Optical Drive Type: 24x DVD-RW w/ Lightscribe
Interface: SATA
Optical Drives Included: 1
Optical Drive Class: DVD-RW with Lightscribe
Supplemental Media Type: Media Reader
Capacity: 15-in-1
Audio Description: Integrated Audio
Audio Chipset: Realtek ALC887
Channels: 8 Channel
Graphics Description: Integrated Graphics
GPU/VPU: Intel HD Graphics 2000
Video Memory: Dynamically Shared
Video Interface: DVI HDMI VGA
LAN Chipset: Realtek 8111E
LAN Data Transfer Rate: 10/100/1000Mbps
LAN Description: Integrated Gigabit
LAN Interface Type: RJ-45
Mouse Type: Optical
Connection Type: USB Mouse
Scrolling Capability: Yes
Keyboard Type: Multimedia
Connection Type: USB Keyboard
Height: 14.5"
Width: 7.25"
Depth: 17.5"

Attachments

• CPU.PNG
    CPU.PNG
    45.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Mainboard.PNG
    Mainboard.PNG
    35.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Memory.PNG
    Memory.PNG
    35.1 KB · Views: 2
really need to know what case you have because dimentions will be a problem with most of the new graphic cards

I will be getting a namebrand 850 watt, haven't decided which yet. Budget really isn't an issue but I'm not looking for top of the line. The onboard I have can't do DX11 which is my biggest issue. $200 range is good. The case dimensions are listed at the bottom of the list in my first post.

yea but the outside dimentions are completely different to how much room is inside the case for a graphics card

Oh I see...sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't have the measurements but there is quite a bit of room in there around the pci/pci-e slots. As in more than just a few inches. Looks like 4 on eace side of the slot and 6-7 deep going to the slot. That's for both slots as long as something isn't in both slots. If a picture would help I can do that too I suppose.

where would I find the name. It's SYX systemax prebuilt no idea what case it uses. And, I can't find a name on it. There is a SYX model number if that will help SYX-H61M-E23

oh yea sorry forgot you got it custom built, maybe take a picture of it if you can, the cheapest and smallest card that supports DX11 is VTX3D Radeon HD5450 1GB which should fit, might even be able to squese in a HD6450 or HD6470, they won't play new games on high settings though

Are there any issues I should know about moving from onboard to a seperate card? People seemed to have not been using onboard for a while then they popped up again, why I don't know, and I got it for cheap with plans to upgrade.

not with those basic cards, the power use will be low so i would say a 450w will be ample to power them, you just plug the html into the graphics card once you install it and put in the cd and install all the drivers and it will work fine

Thanks for your help. One last question, On the cards you mentioned will they run most games for a few years in your opinion or should I seek a better card? Most games I play on my comp are Civ V and a few RTS's but they are older ones. It's just DX11 doesn't work for the one new game I have which is Shogun 2 EDIT: oh and Civ V only runs in DX 9 as well

as long as u don't mind running them on medium graphics without anti analizing or any special extra graphic settings, older games will run fine but you might have to spend alittle time finding a good setting for newer games to keep the framerate constant.

Ok, and thanks again for your help. I've been shopping around and wasn't sure about the compatible cards, you've helped a lot.

Back