Upgrading Video Card for my Desktop

By Mobdeep11
Dec 6, 2006
  1. I'm not a huge gamer and there is only one game that I want to be able to run on my desktop (Microsoft Flight Simulator X). I love aviation and this is really the only game that I want to run on my desktop.

Here is my system:
    1. Dell Dimension 1100 Series, Intel Cleron D Processor 325 (2.53GHz) and 256 cache
    2. 512MB DDR SDRAM at 400MHz
    3. Integrated Intel 3D AGP Graphics
    4. 160GB Ultra ATA/100 Hard Drive (7200RPM)

What do I need in order to have an enjoyable gaming experience with Microsoft Flight Simulator X?

I want the game to run smoothly on my desktop with graphics that aren't distorted.

Please inform me as to what I need for upgrades (Type of upgrade exact make and model, where I can purchase, and the price that I should pay)

I don't want to spend a lot of money, enough to help me run this game and have an enjoyable time playing it without any hick-ups.
  2. Rik

Rik Banned Posts: 3,814

You will want a new graphics card but im fairly sure your pc only has pci slots!!!!
  3. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

Yeah it does I'm afraid. Try this it should run the game quite well and is not very expensive too.
  4. Mobdeep11

Mobdeep11 TS Rookie Topic Starter

Is this a DirectX 9.0c compliant video card? That's what the game calls for.
  5. Op2

Op2 TS Rookie Posts: 86

Look like Flight Simulator X doesnot require many things. Your system should run this game well at this moment.
  6. Mobdeep11

I have the game and it takes a long time to load the scenery. I want the detailed graphics and the game to load and run smoothly.
  7. Rage_3K_Moiz

Rage_3K_Moiz Sith Lord Posts: 5,431   +28

The card will help towards the graphics and yes it is DirectX 9.0 compatible, so it will work for sure. In addition, if u want smoother gameplay and faster loading times, try upping ur RAM to 1GB. You will definitely notice a decrease in loading times and faster overall performance.
  8. Mobdeep11

Give me a link for RAM when you get a chance.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.