Upgrading Video card on my HP Pavilion a705w

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many people say it's useless to upgrade the video card on a Hp Pavilion like mines because it only accepts PCI cards. I'm not looking for any expensive high-tech cards, just something that can Handle COunter-Strike:Source.

Help please.

Honestly, your best bet would be to buy a new computer, if you were going to run CS:S on a system like this, you would have to upgrade video as well as some memory... There are no "good" video cards for a PCI slot, and the memory in that system isnt all that great...

Also Check: The STICKY at the top of Audio and Video: So you only have PCI slots and want to game?

Yeah, but I'm not really trying to buy a new computer, I'm not trying to play a lot of games, just Counter-strike 1.6 and source. Source works well and all but it lags a lot.

Yeah I only have PCI slots and I just want to play source, it's the only computer Game I'm interested in.

I realize that, but if your going to play those two games, in the future if you wanna use some of the programs that use a lot of memory then you are screwed... but like I also said, you can just get a video card and some memory

So you only have PCI slots and want to game? <--- some info on PCI video cards

You will also need some RAM (memory) if your going to do that...

Newegg 184-Pin DDR SDRAM <--- ram used in your system

Newegg PCI Video Cards <--- video cards used in your system

So I'm gonna need a new Ram Card also?

Yeah I'm gonna go buy a video card, nothing expensive.
And hopefully it will be able to run Source, just aslong as it runs it good, I'll be happy.

I was testing source out just a minute ago, it runs somewhat good, but in some spots it gets so laggy. So I'm guessing that any 30-40$ vid card will do the job, compared to this gay thing that came with my comp.

have you tried any configs to raise your fps.. im guessing you have, but always a good thing to ask... best one i know of would be Casey's config v2...

Casey's Config v2

yes, it would be very wise of you to also upgrade your ram... to at least 512MB... Windows XP uses quite a bit of your 256 already, which makes your fps lower also...

Nah I havent tried any configs.

Thanks man, you've been a lot of help. Is there any other configs that can help me raise my fps?

I would buy a new computer but college is sucking me dry. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back