Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a dell 8200 with a 2.oo ghz p4 an i have a newer comp p4 thats a 2.40 ghx will i be able to chage it cause the 8200 uses rdram an the other uses ddr both are p4 an will i see a differents in the prcessers to make it worth the change

Please restate your question, describing in more detail what you want to do. It appears you have spelling errors that are confusing.
The memory will not make any difference, unless the 8200 has only 256 mb total memory....
The processor speed will not make a significant difference either, but if you are trying to exchange them it will.

ive got 512 in it right now but it only has a 2.00 ghz pentium r 4 i have another processor that is a pentium r 4 2.40 ghz i was wondering if i can change it out i havent dont anything to this comp really besides adding 256 rdram to it but its the only comp i have ever worked on that has rdram so i was not sure it would help or if i could put another processor that i have in it an i dont know much about rdram either an i just wanting more info about the comp

RDRam was good... but it was expensive... now the price is reasonable..

But changing the CPU would hardly be noticeable...
Check eBay for RDRAM... I got four 512 MB modules that worked great for $60 recently... when it used to be $400 for four modules.

thanx

that is what i was thinking also an yes i looked up the ram an found it for the same price i was just wondering before i did much to it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back