URGENT HELP!! windows\system32\drivers\detect.htm ??? is this a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolo20

Hello I am new hope everyone is well.
A few days ago my nephew was using my laptop, next thing you know I got dozens of pop ups and spyware and trojons You name it I had it. I proceeded to use spyware doctor and registry cleaner and norton anitvirus. I also tried to use xp installation cd to repair because I was getting a windows welcome log on and log off loop. I corrected that problem using a BartPE bootable cd.
After that I had to reinstall service pack 2, but every time I clicked on windows update in internet explorer it would immediately close.
I solved this problem by burning SP2 exe file on my desktop and used it on the laptop.
After all this now I am having new issues besides the laptop running super slow , when I click on Control panel or open Internet explorer I receive a error message stating:
"Cannot find C:\ Windows\system32\drivers\detect.htm. Make sure the path or internet address is correct."
I have attached my hijackthis.log Can anyone help please!!!
Willie

Attachments

• hijackthis.log
    9.4 KB · Views: 5
Yes your system is definitely infected. Follow the instructions as per given by fastco and post your logs as attachments in your next reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back