US carrier AT&T slashes cost of Nokia Lumia 900 to $49.99

By Leeky
Jul 16, 2012
Post New Reply
  1. Nokia and US mobile carrier AT&T have slashed in half the upfront purchase prices on contract for Nokia's flagship Lumia 900 smartphone. The move follows Microsoft's recent announcement that the handset would not be able to receive the upcoming Windows Phone……

Read more
  2. What an ugly looking phone.
  3. psycros

psycros TechSpot Booster Posts: 669   +202

The phone's not too bad..the OS is the real eyesore.
  4. Anything M$oft touches sucked....
  5. There is nothing wrong with the phone and the OS is the icing on the cake. I'm really tired how it has become "cool" to hate Microsoft. Not because I'm a fan boy, but because it reminds me how ignorant people are of the facts during an election year.
  6. Julio Franco

Julio Franco TechSpot Editor Posts: 6,510   +308

7. MilwaukeeMike

MilwaukeeMike TechSpot Evangelist Posts: 2,009   +681

Lol, awesome comment, and so true. Please create an account 'Guest' :)
    Hating MS has been cool since they bundled IE with windows and pissed off netscape.
    And 'slashing' the price? It was $50. Nice choice of words, however exaggerated.
  8. Then put your money where your mouth is and go buy one.
  9. @guest, I already own one.
  10. hahahanoobs

hahahanoobs TechSpot Booster Posts: 940   +94

I've had the iPhone 4, and I currently have a Galaxy S. Let's just say, if I get tired of Android OS, WP8 is next on my list.
  11. Lumia 900 = Windows Phone 7.8 = Dead OS, and old stale app store.

All that at the VERY START of your AT&T 2 year contract. Do we feel screwed or do we feel SCREWED!!!

Yep, I should soon dump my 2 year contract, and I will send the Lumia 900 back to ATT.

They won't get rid of those things, even if they gave them away for paper weight. $50... bunch of thieves.

12. yRaz

yRaz TechSpot Booster Posts: 852   +73

@guest, I guess you ignore facts too? Not being able to upgrade the os is a much bigger problem on android and people still buy those phones. But as the guest before you said, it has become cool to hate Microsoft. While it is disappointing, you can buy an android phone that will never be able to upgrade the os. Microsoft is doing more than most carriers and manufacturers about the os problem that is so prevalent among android phones. No one cares about facts anymore.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...
Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.